Monday, August 25, 2008

Birthday Wish

I recently celebrated my birthday, and I knew what I was going to get as a present. On my flight to Indiana I lost my hat. Not just any hat, it was an unique, custom tailored secondhand hat. What sorrow when I realized it was gone, but I was confident my mother would get it back for me by calling customer service or lost and found. And it would be the perfect birthday present. Unfortunately, the hat was never recovered. I think the kid sitting behind me had his eye on it, and quietly took it from my head when I was taking a nap or something. Well, you know what the good book says - if a man takes your cloak, give him your coat also. So, he has my hat, and I would like to offer him my birthday wishes also. May he enjoy the hat and have a long, prosperous life.

No comments: