Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Half the man I used to be

I was getting a haircut today, and after the normal routine the barber asked "So, what are we going to do about the moustache?" I had thought it could use a trim because, truthfully, I hadn't trimmed it in a month. She wanted to use a 2. I told her that was out of the question. I was leaning toward performing the important cut myself, but seen as she was an experienced barber I consented that she could take it to the lip. I guess our idea of what that means was a little different. My moustache extended below the bottom of my upper lip and to trim it back to that boundary was what I wanted. Before I knew it, she took about 2 cm off. It can no longer be called a "soupstrainer" and will be several weeks before I am again close to achieving the "handlebar" I was aiming for. I told the barber that although I didn't like it, I took confidence that she was a professional and she thought it looked better. In reality my self-confidence has been reduced proportionally to the length of my moustache.

1 comment:

Ben said...

You gotta find a new barber.