Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Spring Cleaning/Painting





During the process of reorganizing and cleaning out our garage, my parents and I came across some latex-based paint that we do not want. Although it is not considered hazardous as of January, latex paint can not be thrown out unless it is dried out, nor will these paints be taken as hazardous waste in liquid form. So it becomes our green-compliance responsibility to dry these paints out.

Because we plan to replace the garage doors, my sister and I decided to use some of these paints to make a mural. My plan was to make some kind of pastural scene, with goats, rabbits, and ninja turtles. But the "green" I tried to make was more of a blue, and so it ended up being a seascape. My sister was going for more of an abstract, draw-your-own-conclusions artwork.

1 comment:

Ben said...

now you won't want to replace your garage doors, as they are covered with beautiful artwork. :)