Saturday, June 28, 2008

Bollywood

My Bollywood movie source, Punjab Video, closed down yesterday. I met a guy who opened up a new Bollywood store not too far away, so I'll have to go up there instead. He was surprised to know that I was a regular customer at Punjab, so that tells me there is not a lot of interest among ethnically challenged Americans. So, for the reader who may want to see what it's all about, I have compiled a short list of my favorite films.
1. Veer Zaara
2. Madhumati
3. Kal Ho Naa Ho
4. Satte Pe Satta
5. Lagaan
The music is great! The acting is good. Bollywood is where it's at. But as Lavar Burton once said, "you don't have to take my word for it."

2 comments:

Mim said...

In 2007, Khan replaced Amitabh Bachchan as the host of the third series of the popular game show Kaun Banega Crorepati, the Indian version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?. The previous had hosted the show for five years from 2000-05. On January 22, 2007, Kaun Banega Crorepati aired with Khan as the new host and later ended on April 19, 2007.

On April 25, 2008, Khan began hosting the game show Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain?, the Indian version of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?



I thought you'd like to know that about Shahrukh Khan. He makes like four movies a year...look at his Wikipedia site and you'll see all that stuff.

Tom,Ana said...

I love Amitabh Bachchan and Shahrukh Khan. They are my favorite Bollywood stars. I could imagine those game shows being very popular.