Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Man's Best Friend

I have always loved dogs. It's not a good time for me to go and get one, but maybe in a year or two. So I have posted a new poll hoping to get some input. There are few options to choose from, but there should be at least one you like. Comments would be acceptable for a write-in candidate.
Also, please note that the breed name "German Shepherd Dog" is correct nomenclature: the "Dog" part is not redundant. It carries over from the translation of "Deutscher Schäferhund." Whereas in the "Australian Shepherd," the "dog" part is only implied. In Germany maybe they call it "Australier Schäfer." Anyone know? I love dog trivia.

4 comments:

Tom,Ana said...

According to my good friend who spreichen zie deutch, Australian Shepherd translated to German is "australischer Schäferhund"

Tom,Ana said...

I shouldn't vote on my own poll, but no one has yet written in a vote for Chow Chow. So here's one.

Mackenzie said...

Don't forget to add Chow

Unknown said...

I have an adorable Beagle, and I think Beagles are great. Also, I've always loved labs, but couldn't have a dog that large.