Sunday, September 7, 2008

Husky Fever

My ladyfriend and I went to a college football game Saturday. Her brother has a great eye for the game. He can see offsides and holding better than the officials from all the way in the back of the stands. We supported the visiting team and won by 1 point after the visitors blocked a PAT. It was wild. Unsportsmanlike conduct was called after the hometeam scored a touchdown which brought them within 1. This made the PAT 15 yards longer, which made the kick easier to block. Some say the unsportsmanlike penalty was wak and it should have gone into overtime. I believe there was a deficit of penalties against the hometeam throughout the game so it worked out fair enough.

2 comments:

Eastside Business said...

Being a long time Husky fan and one of the thousands of people suffering for many years because of their demise, I didn't like to see the game decided like that.

Locker didn't attempt to excessively celebrate, but the rules are the rules and I can live with the call.

Congrats to BYU for extending their winning streak.

Ben said...

You have a lady friend?

By the way I'm growing a moustache.