Friday, February 15, 2008

Be My Guest


Last week, while I was sitting here working, I heard the gate open and someone fiddling with a key in the door. A lady came in, introduced herself as Maria, and went into my roommate's room. I was startled, but since she had a key, and seemed to know her way around, I just let it go. It turns out that my roommate has a sister who often comes through town and she always crashes at his place. He said he told me she was coming but I don't think he did, because he didn't. Anyway, the first thing she did was clean his room. I guess she always does. She also cooked a couple meals for us, which was thoughtful. But I had to exaggerate about how much I liked them. Is that dishonest? Whatever, anyway, I took a picture of our back yard with some bananas that she cut down from our tree and the apparatus she was using to cook. It's a guard from a fan on some cinderblocks with a fire beneath. It gets the job done. But I don't know why she didn't use the little electric stove I bought at Walmart for $20.

No comments: