Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Road Trip

The other day I went on a road trip with some buddies of my roommate. We drove to the pueblo where my roommate grew up, and stayed with his parents. They live two "blocks" away from "downtown" in the middle of nowhere. We sampled the local cuisine - they have these mini-tostada things for about 20 cents a piece. Not bad.
From there, we went to Tulum, and a day resort about an hour north. My roommate is the cousin of the manager so we got in free. We swam around in the cenote, went down these pseudo-ziplines (not quite as cool as the Bourne Identity) and had more authentic Mexican food.
As we were driving, the most popular activity was taking pictures of ourselves while we shook our faces side-to-side. If a sharp picture is achieved, the result is sometimes funny. These pictures are available upon request, but I think you had to be there to appreciate their value. To entertain us on the way back, I tried to tell a few jokes. Although it often took me 10 minutes to bungle through a single joke, they usually got a few laughs.
The photos are (above) the house where my roommate grew up in central Yucatan, featuring his parents and the crew, and (below) the whole crew with my roommate's cousin on the right.

No comments: