Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Global decision-making

The 8 most developed nations got together and decided to limit the warming of the globe to 2 degrees Celsius above the pre-industrial times of 150 years ago. Does it sound reasonable for humankind to decide what the temperature will be? Just as reasonable, I would say, would be an agreement that would prohibit an invasion of extraterrestrials attempting to conquer our earth. Yea, we would like to have such power to make these decisions, but we have no control.

1 comment:

Ben said...

You tell 'em Tom! and the reason I want you to tell them and not me is cuz you're a science guru and I'm not. :)

I definitely agree with you, it's not a very reasonable decision. However, it may be better than some extreme, specific, and detailed plan to stop global warming, cuz this way it may just be nothing as either the temperature might not change that much or we may be powerless to stop it.